KDC, formerly Koll Development Company, has a long and successful history of creating innovative real estate solutions for Corporate America:
Donald M. Koll establishes the Don Koll Company, Inc. as a regional construction firm specializing in building custom homes in Orange County, CA
Don Koll Company changes its name to The Koll Company with divisions focused on development, acquisition, construction, brokerage and property management.
The Koll Company opens its Dallas, TX office. Steve Van Amburgh is hired to focus on corporate build-to-suit, office and industrial development.
Publicly traded Bolsa Chica Company acquires the domestic development operations of The Koll Company and the name is changed to Koll Real Estate Group.
Koll Real Estate Group is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year. Koll Management Services, the property service division, is sold to CB Commercial Real Estate Group (now CB Richard Ellis).
Koll Development Company, a newly formed LLC comprised of key executives from Koll Real Estate Group and NorthStar Capital Investment Corp., acquires the commercial development business from Koll Real Estate Group. Koll Development Company opens a regional office in Detroit.
Presidential Closing the Circle Award (Precursor to LEED) for Environmental Protection Agency (Region 7), Kansas City, KS
Steve Van Amburgh is appointed CEO and Chairman of Koll Development Company, now headquartered in Dallas.
Koll Development Company changes its name to KDC. It launches this new brand with additional services, including sale leasebacks and acquisitions.
KDC is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year for the second time.
KDC expands its presence in the Southeast by opening an office in Atlanta, GA.
KDC launches Intellicenter, a high-performance national office building program in compliance with the LEED Building Rating System administered by the U.S. Green Building Council; twenty Intellicenter locations are identified. Another KDC branch office opens in Charlotte, NC. KDC publishes the first issue of its corporate magazine, Developing for the Future.
· Best HQ/Corporate Move by Dallas Business Journal for Fluor, Irving, TX
Design Build Institute of America National Award – Private Sector Building over $15 million Excellence for Fluor, Irving, TX
In January, the first Intellicenter opens in Atlanta, GA.
KDC employees purchase North Star Capital’s interest in KDC and the company becomes employee-owned and operated.
· Credit Suisse, Center of Excellence — Award of Merit, ABC of the Carolinas
· Sustainable Leadership Award for Design & Development by CoreNet Global, IIDA & AIA for Fluor, Irving, TX
· Design Is Award, People’s Choice by Shaw Contract Group for Fluor, Irving, TX
· LEED Certification by USGBC for CitiGroup for Las Colinas, Irving, TX
· LEED Certification by USGBC for CitiGroup for Regent Center, Irving, TX
· LEED Certification by USGBC for Fluor Headquarters, Irving, TX
· LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Atlanta, Lawrenceville, GA
KDC also announces plans for aggressive growth and introduces E2M Partners and Sammons Enterprises as capital investors in KDC. In addition, five industrial developments will break ground in 2008 and 2009 with Harbert Management Corporation.
· LEED Gold Certification by USGBC for Chevron, Covington, LA
· LEED Certification by USGBC for Credit Suisse, Research Triangle Park, NC
KDC unveils a branding campaign designed to recognize the company’s expanding business platform beyond corporate office and industrial development to include increased acquisition and investment activity throughout the United States. As part of the new brand, KDC will feature the new tagline: “Real Estate Development and Investments.”
· KDC is named North Texas NAIOP Developer of the Year for the third time.
· Tilt-Up Achievement Award – Mfg./Ind. by Tilt Up Concrete Assn. for 3D Systems, Rock Hill, SC
· Tilt-Up Achievement Award – Office by Tilt Up Concrete Assoc. for Chevron, Covington, LA
· LEED Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Dallas located in Dallas, TX
· LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Houston, Houston, TX
· LEED Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Charlotte, Fort Mill, SC
· LEED Gold Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Riverside, Riverside, CA
· LEED Silver Certification by USGBC for Intellicenter Tampa, Temple Terrace, FL
· Landmark Award “Green Building” by the Houston Business Journal, Intellicenter Houston, Houston, TX
· Best Headquarter/Campus Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – EnCana, Plano, TX
· Office Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – Denbury Resources, Plano, TX
· Rehabilitation Deal of the Year by Dallas Business Journal – The Campus at Legacy, Plano, TX
· Business & Industry Award-Commercial Real Estate Project by Richardson Chamber – Fossil, Richardson, TX
· NAIOP N. TX Developer of the Year
· KDC is named North Texas NAIOP 2011 Developer of the Year for the fourth time.